Monday 12 May 2014

A SPECIAL SONG TO YOU FROM ME:-)


Exactly a year ago, on a sleepless night, in a certain land, the words of a song came to me. It had been a very long day as I was on a work trip, so I would expect that sleep will beckon fast, alas I was wrong. 

At 2 am,  my eyes were wide open though my body was dead tired. So as I lay on the bed I asked; "okay Holy Spirit what am I supposed to do this night, why am I awake"? playfully, I started started humming  " Holy Spirit I Welcome You" and before I knew it, I had written a 4 Verse song:-)

Songs usually come to me, but this was different. I had never recorded any of my songs, but this time I knew I had to make the move. I approached a friend and fabulous producer Olumide Iyun, to produce the song. He immediately agreed much to my surprise. It's taken a year...WOW...a loooooooong one year, but today I present to you  my 1st single " HOLY SPIRIT I WELCOME YOU".

For me this, isn't just a song, This is a message!

This song is a message about the person and the ministry of Our precious Holy Spirit. 

Jesus said in John 14:16-17 "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you".

In John 14:26 (AMPLIFIED VERSION) Jesus went on to say "But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you."

For every child of God, it is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we can live the life God requires us to live. The life of Love, Power, Dominion, Victory and all Fulfilment. 

He's the Spirit of Grace & Supplication; Spirit of Faith; Spirit of Love, Power and a Sound mind.
The Spirit, of Wisdom,  Understanding,  Counsel, Might, Knowledge;
He helps us to Pray; He quickens our mortal bodies; He is our Teacher; our Helper, He is our All.

You can listen to an audio version of the song here;
http://www.reverbnation.com/toyinfajj/song/20762377-holy-spirit-i-welcome-you

You can watch a video version of the song here;


Develop a great relationship with the Holy Spirit. Seek to know Him, He is real, He is available to all of us (Luke 11:11-13).

It is my prayer that this song Is a blessing to everyone who comes in contact with it and also helps us all to develop our  relationship with the Holy Spirit.

God Bless You and feel free to share!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this piece and the song. Good Job Toyin. Holy spirit will always fill you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful. Outstanding. Great job Toyin. More of God's Holy Spirit in Jesus mighty name. amen. Congratulations indeed. VPA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Ty. God bless you as you have blessed his children.

    ReplyDelete